Search Stretch Naked

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dessert Strike

When someone tells you (pregnant or not), "wow you are huge!" that can't be well-received. Well, apparently baby girl has had quite a growth spurt over the past week and people have noticed. So, I decided to go on a dessert strike.

I really don't eat a bunch of junk food ever, but when preggo I let myself indulge a bit more in sweets. Well, to combat these comments (and my lowered self-esteem) in a constructive fashion I've decided to go on a sweets strike. Yes. Me, sweet tooth extraordinaire is avoiding sweets. I just have to do something that makes me feel in control of my increasing size, increasing discomfort and DECREASING self-image. So I am on day 7 of no sweets. The only thing I have had that might classify in that category is organic hazelnut granola with bits of dark chocolate. But I hardly consider that a dessert.

I am not decreasing calories, so don't worry. I am eating very healthfully - fruits, veggies, lean proteins, legumes and whole grains. Baby girl is getting everything she needs. What she doesn't need is unnecessary sugar.

How long will I carry on this little charade? Not sure. I suppose until a really worthy cupcake comes along.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: