Search Stretch Naked

Monday, March 19, 2012

Maternity Fitness clothes

When my workout clothes became a bit snug....ok a lot snug a month or so ago, I started to panic. For some reason I was able to wear almost all my stretchy workout clothes until month 9 when I was pregnant with E, but this little Vixen is making me large and in charge in lots of areas. Darn it.

Ok, so I love any good excuse to shop but I hated to spend money on maternity fitness-wear that I would only wear for 3 months or so. First of all, it's hard to find, and secondly it's expensive. Boo [insert sad face].

So, I started to get creative and came across some must-haves for pregnancy exercise:

Long and lean tank tops from Target
Love these! These little gems are only $7 at Target and come in lots of colors. They can work with a stretchy skirt or maternity jeans with fun accessories for outside of the gym to a lovely little workout top. And yes, I bought like 5. The bonus is that you can wear these after baby arrives, too. Hooray for multi-purpose tops! You can buy these tops here.

Nike Pro Fitness pants
The waistband is very forgiving for these pants. I actually had two pairs from pre-pregnancy that still fit! Plus I bought two more in a larger size for a little bit of extra comfort. They are designed to go underneath shorts or sweats, but I like them just as my single layer pants. And again, they will transition back with your body after baby is born.

Super supportive sports bra
This goes without saying. I blog about this here. But find a sports bra that will hold your ample girls tightly. Nothing is more uncomfortable than the boob bounce. Ugh. Fortunately I've been able to make most of my sports bras work. I have purchased a couple extra that I'll be able to use while nursing.

Hubby's shirts
Creativity and an empty wallet got the better of me. I decided it wasn't to my benefit to buy too much, so I re-purposed some items. I'm so green.

Ad man has some really cool dry-fit Nike shirts that I have now made mine for the duration of my pregnancy. Thanks Ad man!

Hubby's long shorts
And, he has some relatively cool athletic shorts that have made their way to cover my large derriere. Pair them with one of those long and lean tanks and a funky hat and you are one stylin' preggo lady!

Stretch on.
M

No comments: